Near Earleville in Cecil County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Francis Xavier Church
Bohemia Academy Founded 1745 by Rev. Thomas Pulton, S.J. attended by Charles Carroll of Carrollton, a signed of the Declaration of Independence, and his cousin John Carroll, first Catholic Bishop in the U.S.
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Location. 39° 25.987′ N, 75° 51.673′ W. Marker is near Earleville, Maryland, in Cecil County. Marker is at the intersection of Augustine Herman Highway (Maryland Route 213) and Bohemia Church Road, on the right when traveling south on Augustine Herman Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Warwick MD 21912, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Anchorage (approx. 0.7 miles away); Bohemia (approx. 1.1 miles away); Founded on Friendship (approx. 2 miles away); Essex Lodge (approx. 2.4 miles away); “Bohemia Mannor” (approx. 2.4 miles away); “Worsell Mannor” Colonists' Wrought Iron Cross (approx. 3 miles away); Greenfield (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Earleville.
Also see . . . St. Francis Xavier Church history. (Submitted on July 6, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 3,071 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 6, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.