Near Chester in Chesterfield County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected by Richmond National Battlefield Park - National Park Service.
Location. This marker has been replaced by another marker nearby. It was located near 37° 20.904′ N, 77° 23.682′ W. Marker was near Chester, Virginia, in Chesterfield County. Marker could be reached from Ware Bottom Spring Road 0.1 miles east of Old Stage Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. This marker is located within the Parkerís Battery Unit of the Richmond National Battlefield Park. Marker was at or near this postal address: 1801 Ware Bottom Spring Road, Chester VA 23836, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. A different marker also named Remembrance (here, Parker's Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Howlett Line (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Boy Company (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Parkerís Battery (about 500 feet away); Howlett Line Gun Position (approx. 0.3 miles away); Construction of the Howlett Line (approx. 0.4 miles away); Battery Dantzler (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chester.
More about this marker. On the left is a photo of “Unveiling of Robert E. Lee Equestrian Monument”. To the right of the photo is the following text: "Very active in veteranís activities, the surviving members of Parkerís “Boy Company” attended many local reunions and events, such as the 1887 unveiling of the Robert E. Lee monument in Richmond. Parkerís men are crowded at the base of the statue."
Regarding Remembrance. This marker was replaced by a new one also named Remembrance (see nearby markers).
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 13, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 914 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 13, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.