Carpentersville in Warren County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In 1854, Carpentersville became a station for the Belvidere-Delaware railroad.
Jacob Carpenter left many descendants who built several of the fine homes still standing in the area.
Erected by Pohatcong Twp. Historic Preservation Committee.
Location. 40° 38.087′ N, 75° 11.32′ W. Marker is in Carpentersville, New Jersey, in Warren County. Marker is on River Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Phillipsburg NJ 08865, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Life Along The Canal (approx. half a mile away in Pennsylvania); Maurice K. Goddard (approx. half a mile away in Pennsylvania); Mules and Men (approx. half a mile away in Pennsylvania); Pennsylvania Canal (approx. 0.6 miles away in Pennsylvania); Delaware Canal (approx. Williams Township Totem Poles (approx. 2 miles away in Pennsylvania); Seigletown (approx. 2 miles away); Hughesville (approx. 2 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 892 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 14, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.