White Post in Clarke County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1997 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number T-7.)
Location. 39° 3.602′ N, 78° 6.105′ W. Marker is in White Post, Virginia, in Clarke County. Marker is at the intersection of Lord Fairfax Parkway (U.S. 340) and White Post Road, on the right on Lord Fairfax Parkway. Touch for map. Located inside White Post Village Park at the angle formed by the intersection. Marker is in this post office area: White Post VA 22663, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1750 A.D. (approx. ¼ mile away); Greenway Court (approx. 1.4 miles away); a different marker also named Greenway Court (approx. 1.9 miles away); Double Tollgate Fight (approx. 1.9 miles away); Double Tollgate (approx. 2 miles away); Blandy Experimental Farm (approx. 2.2 miles away); Clark County / Frederick County (approx. 2.2 miles away); a different marker also named Clark County / Frederick County (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in White Post.
More about this marker. This marker replaces a previous T-7 placed 400 yards further South on White Post Road, at the actual post, which read, “The original white post on this spot was erected by Lord Fairfax as a guide post to Greenway Court, about 1760.”
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia Entry on Biship William Meade. (Submitted on July 18, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Marker Entry for the White Post. (Submitted on July 18, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
3. Marker Entry for Greenway Court. (Submitted on July 18, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,751 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 18, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.