Petersburg, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Virginia Conservation & Development Commission
For the City of Petersburg 1932
Erected 1932 by Virginia Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number QA 6.)
Location. 37° 13.52′ N, 77° 24.95′ W. Marker is in Petersburg, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of North South Street and West Washington Street (U.S. 1), on the right when traveling south on North South Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Petersburg VA 23803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Joseph Cotten ( approx. ¼ mile away); General Lee's Headquarters ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Grace Episcopal Church ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Folly Castle ( approx. 0.4 miles away); The First Methodist Meeting House ( approx. 0.4 miles away); North Carolina Confederate Hospital ( approx. 0.4 miles away); Appomattox River Heritage Trail ( approx. half a mile away); Campbell's Bridge ( approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Petersburg.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 4, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 916 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 4, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.