Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Howard's 4th A.C. Line
July 17. Wood’s div. left this line & marched 3 mi. S. to Pace’s Ferry to cover the crossing of the 14th A.C. from the Cobb County side. Wood’s route to & from Pace’s was in the difficult terrain between the river & Mt. Paran Road; the division returned that evening.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 53.907′ N, 84° 25.587′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Mount Vernon Highway NW and Northside Drive NW, on the right when traveling west on Mount Vernon Highway NW. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30328, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 4th & 23d A.C. Advance (approx. The River Patrol & Cochran’s Ford (approx. one mile away); Power's Ferry (approx. one mile away); Isom's Ferry (approx. 1.6 miles away); Confederate Battery Position (approx. 1.7 miles away); Howard's March to Buckhead (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hascall’s Div. Camped (approx. 2 miles away); To Sandy Springs and Old Cross Keys (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sandy Springs.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 688 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.