Near Gettysburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
7th Maine Infantry
3rd Brigade, 2nd Division
—6th Corps —
3rd Brig. 2nd Div.
July 3d, 1863.
Erected 1889 by State of Maine.
Location. 39° 48.471′ N, 77° 12.644′ W. Marker is near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker can be reached from Clapsdale Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Located on Neill Avenue, or "Lost Lane", in Gettysburg National Military Park. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 49th New York Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); 43rd New York Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); Third Brigade (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 61st Pennsylvania Infantry (about 500 feet away); Gettysburg Campaign (approx. ¼ mile away); McAllister's Mill (approx. 0.3 miles away); 12th Corps Headquarters (approx. 0.4 miles away); 21st Pennsylvania Cavalry (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gettysburg.
Also see . . .
1. Lost Lane. A tour of Lost Lane with Licensed Battlefield Guide Ted Gajewski, from Gettysburg Daily. (Submitted on April 11, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. 7th Maine Infantry. Wikipedia entry about the regiment. Like the 20th Maine's famous Col. Chamberlain, the 7th Maine's Colonel Seldon Connor was later promoted to Brigadier General and after the war served as governor of the state. (Submitted on April 11, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
3. 7th Maine Infantry Monument. SIRIS entry for the monument. (Submitted on April 11, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,310 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 11, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.