Weston in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Gen. Henry Knox Trail
General Henry Knox
in the winter of
1775 – 1776
to deliver to
General George Washington
the train of artillery
from Fort Ticonderoga used
to force the British Army
to evacuate Boston.
Erected by the Commonwealth
of Massachusetts 1927
Erected 1927 by Commonwealth of Massachusetts. (Marker Number MA-24.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the General Henry Knox Trail marker series.
Location. 42° 22.086′ N, 71° 17.862′ W. Marker is in Weston, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Boston Post Road and Church Street, on the left when traveling east on Boston Post Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Weston MA 02493, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. George Washington Memorial Highway (approx. 2½ miles away); a different marker also named Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 2½ miles away); a different marker also named Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 3.4 miles away); First Town Center Watertown (approx. 4.6 miles away); Sudbury (approx. 4.9 miles away); The Goodnow Garrison House (approx. 5.1 miles away); Civil War Soldiers Monument (approx. 5.1 miles away).
More about this marker. The top of the marker contains a bas relief bronze plaque depicting Gen. Knox overseeing a train of ox-drawn sleds.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. These markers follow the route used by Knox to transfer cannons from Fort Ticonderoga to Cambridge, Mass.
Also see . . .
1. The Knox Trail – History. (Submitted on April 20, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Major General Henry Knox. Knox biography from the American Revolution website. (Submitted on April 20, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Events • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 963 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 20, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.