Amelia Court House in Amelia County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Placed by the Amelia Chapter of the U.D.C. 1940
Erected 1940 by Amelia Chapter of the U.D.C.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 37° 20.543′ N, 77° 58.853′ W. Marker is in Amelia Court House, Virginia, in Amelia County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Washington Street and Court Street. Touch for map. This marker is located on the lawn of the Amelia County Court House. Marker is in this post office area: Amelia Court House VA 23002, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Amelia Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Marion Harland (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Branch Giles (about 500 feet away); Mrs. Samantha Jane Neil Lee's Retreat (approx. ¼ mile away); Russell Grove Presbyterian Church and School (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named Lee's Retreat (approx. 5.3 miles away); a different marker also named Lee's Retreat (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Amelia Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 12, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,259 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 12, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.