Winder in Barrow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 007-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 59.533′ N, 83° 43.273′ W. Marker is in Winder, Georgia, in Barrow County. Marker is at the intersection of North Broad Street (Georgia Route 11) and West Athens Street (Georgia Route 211), on the right when traveling south on North Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the lawn of the Barrow County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 30 North Broad Street, Winder GA 30680, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. The Stoneman Raid Battle of King's Tanyard (a few steps from this marker); Builder of the Nation (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Concord Methodist Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Winder's Most Historical Site (approx. ¼ mile away); Glenwood Elementary and High School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fort Yargo (approx. 1.3 miles away); Russell House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Rockwell Universalist Church (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Winder.
Categories. • 20th Century • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,553 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3. submitted on June 8, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.