Near Baldwin in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Long Green Valley
Erected by Maryland Historical Trust & Maryland State Highway Administration.
Location. 39° 29.689′ N, 76° 28.196′ W. Marker is near Baldwin, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is at the intersection of Pleasantville Road and Fork Road / Baldwin Mill Road, on the right on Pleasantville Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baldwin MD 21013, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fork United Methodist Church (approx. 1.9 miles away); Ishmael Dayís House (approx. 3.2 miles away); Maj. Gen. Isaac Ridgeway Trimble, C.S.A. (approx. 3.6 miles away); “Quinn” (approx. 3.7 miles away); Saint Johnís Parish (approx. 4.2 miles away); Glen Ellen (approx. 4Ĺ miles away); The Sweathouse Road (approx. 4.6 miles away).
More about this marker. A marker with identical text was first erected here by the State Rods Commission in 1954. It was replaced by the Maryland Historical Society in 1969. The present marker may be another replacement.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,590 times since then and 41 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 29, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.