Port Jervis in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Mine Road
America. Built by Dutch
miners before 1664 from
Kingston to copper mines
near Delaware Water Gap.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 41° 22.374′ N, 74° 40.959′ W. Marker is in Port Jervis, New York, in Orange County. Marker is on E Main Street (U.S. 6), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of the Port Jervis Middle School. Marker is at or near this postal address: 118 E Main Street, Port Jervis NY 12771, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oldest Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Crane House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stephen Crane (approx. 0.4 miles away); Korean War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The American Revolution (approx. half a mile away); Civil War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); War on Terrorism Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Jervis.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Markers related to the Old Mine Road.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 888 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.