Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Federal Attack on Hood’s Corps
Repeated assaults on Hood’s corps [CS], posted on this ridge (Stovall’s brigade on left; Clayton’s, center; Baker’s, right) failed to dislodge it after several hrs. of fighting.
Reinforced 20th corps assaults, May 26, were likewise devoid of results.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10-24.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 57.526′ N, 84° 47.403′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is on Unnamed cemetery road 0.1 miles north of Chester Harris Drive, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is located in the cemetery opposite the New Hope Baptist Church on Georgia Highway 381. The unnamed cemetery road runs from Chester Harris Drive to Old Cartersville Road. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas GA 30132, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within The Worst Aircraft Disaster in Georgia History (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); New Hope Battlefield (about 500 feet away); The March of Hardee’s Corps, May 23-25, 1864 (about 800 feet away); Polk’s March to Lost Mountain (approx. 0.2 miles away); Battle of New Hope Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); New Hope Church Phase of Atlanta Campaign (approx. 0.2 miles away); Atlanta Campaign (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dedicated to the Confederate Soldiers (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
More about this marker. The number cast in the marker (10-24) is in error; it should be 110-24, for the county number.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,178 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 13, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 5. submitted on August 19, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.