Near Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Left of the Confederate Line
During the Federal occupation of the Dallas - New Hope line, the Confederate forces maintained parallel lines of defense from Dallas to & beyond New Hope Church, which checked [US] Sherman’s shift back to the State R.R. Daily conflict marked the period which ended when Federal thrusts N.E. forced Johnston to retire Eastward.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-10.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 53.515′ N, 84° 50.156′ W. Marker is near Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is on Villa Rica Highway (Georgia Route 61) 0 miles south of Aiken Drive, on the left when traveling south. The marker is in front of the Paulding County High School. Touch for map Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rt. of Federal Line May 26 -June 1, 1864 (approx. 0.8 miles away); Armstrong's Advance (approx. 1.1 miles away); Federal Line (approx. 1.6 miles away); Confederate Line (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Orphan Brigade at Dallas (approx. 2 miles away); Dallas (approx. 2 miles away); Paulding County (approx. 2.2 miles away); A. Lafayette Bartlett (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Left of the Confederate Line.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,029 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.