Wadley in Jefferson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The 20th Corps
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 081-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the Sherman’s March to the Sea marker series.
Location. 32° 51.993′ N, 82° 24.285′ W. Marker is in Wadley, Georgia, in Jefferson County. Marker is on North Main Street (U.S. 1) near U.S. 319, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. General Wood's Fort (approx. 2˝ miles away); Spier's Turnout (approx. 4.1 miles away); Site of Fort Wood (approx. 4.1 miles away); Bartow (approx. 4.1 miles away); Old Savannah Road (approx. 4.3 miles away); The Savannah Road (approx. 6.4 miles away); Old Town Plantation (approx. 6.4 miles away); Old Sunbury Road (approx. 6.9 miles away).
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for The 20th Corps.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,109 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 26, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.