Cleveland in White County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 154-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 35.814′ N, 83° 45.8′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Georgia, in White County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 129) and West Kytle Street (Georgia Route 115), on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. The marker is at the old White County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Cleveland GA 30528, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the Cleveland (a few steps from this marker); Mossy Creek and Rock Springs Campgrounds (approx. 5.6 miles away); Discovery of Gold (approx. 5.8 miles away); Nacoochee Indian Mound (approx. 6.8 miles away); Early Trading Post (approx. 6.9 miles away); Nacoochee Valley (approx. 6.9 miles away); The Unicoi Turnpike (approx. 6.9 miles away); White Methodist Church (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleveland.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 735 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 31, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on June 23, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.