Bartow in Jefferson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site of Fort Wood
General Soloman Wood.
1756 - 1815
Officer of the American
Revolution. Pioneer, and first Senator
Erected 1936 by Public Works Administration.
Location. 32° 52.757′ N, 82° 28.458′ W. Marker is in Bartow, Georgia, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street (U.S. 221) and Wadley Road (U.S. 319), on the right when traveling south on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bartow GA 30413, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bartow (within shouting distance of this marker); Spier's Turnout (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Savannah Road (approx. 1.3 miles away); General Wood's Fort (approx. 1.6 miles away); Tarver's Mill (approx. 3.5 miles away); The 20th Corps (approx. 4.1 miles away); Old Sunbury Road (approx. 4.5 miles away); a different marker also named Old Sunbury Road (approx. 5.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bartow.
Also see . . . Bartow, Georgia Town History. Following The Revolutionary War, what is now Bartow was known as (Submitted on August 2, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 30, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,075 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 2, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.