Chambersburg in Franklin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Burning of Chambersburg
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 39° 56.245′ N, 77° 39.623′ W. Marker is in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Lincoln Way (U.S. 30) and Main Street (U.S. 11) on Lincoln Way. Touch for map. Marker is located on the town circle at crossroad in front of the Franklin County Court House in a small park like area. Marker is at or near this postal address: 157 Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg PA 17201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Franklin County (here, next to this marker); Finding Your Way (within shouting distance of this marker); Chambersburg Founded A.D. 1764 (within shouting distance of this marker); Underground Railroad Activity in Chambersburg (within shouting distance of this marker); The Greatest Sacrifice / Prelude to Gettysburg (within shouting distance of War Between the States (within shouting distance of this marker); French & Indian War – Revolutionary War – War of 1812 (within shouting distance of this marker); Union Soldiers of Franklin County (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chambersburg.
Also see . . . Burning of Chambersburg - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 19, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Military • Notable Events • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 22, 2007, by Zachary Hinton of Carneys Point, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,633 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 7, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 2. submitted on August 22, 2007, by Zachary Hinton of Carneys Point, New Jersey. 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 4, 2009, by Robert H. Moore, II of Winchester, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.