Roswell in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
An outbreak of scarlet fever in 1841 resulted in the death of many children; among them was Charles Irving Bulloch, infant son of Major and Mrs. James Stephens Bulloch. Another child buried here was three-year-old Ralph King Hand, son of the widowed daughter of Roswell King, Eliza Hand, for whom the first permanent home in Roswell was build, Primrose Cottage.
Slaves of the families were also buried in Founders’ Cemetery. There are many unmarked graves. The last burial was May 18, 1860 - James A. Burney, the only son of Dr. and Mrs. P.J. Burney.
This historic marker was erected in the year 1977 by Roswell Woman’s Club.
Erected 1977 by Roswell Woman's Club.
Location. 34° 0.861′ N, 84° 21.363′ W. Marker is in Roswell, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Sloan Street 0.6 miles east of Walnut Touch for map. Marker is just inside the cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Roswell GA 30075, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Roswell Factory (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Old Bricks (approx. 0.3 miles away); Bulloch Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Barrington Hall (approx. half a mile away); Roswell’s Distinguished Men (approx. half a mile away); Roswell Presbyterian Church (approx. half a mile away); McPherson’s Troops at Shallow Ford (approx. 0.7 miles away); Garrard’s Cav. & Newton’s Division (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roswell.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 17, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,261 times since then and 21 times this year. Last updated on August 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on May 17, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 15, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.