Gardnerville in Douglas County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
1235 Eddy Street
—Vernacular Neoclassical Rowhouse Style —
The Jensen Family's merchandise store was located on main street along the main stage and freight line. Douglas County Farmer's Bank started by Jensen was the first bank in the Carson Valley.
Owning much of the land in this general area, Jensen conveyed some parcels to family members as the Jensen family grew. This brick bungalow was constructed for Jensen's parents in 1916.
The home is now owned by the Dr. Michael Fisher Family and is used as a professional dental practice.
Erected 2004 by Town of Gardnerville.
Location. 38° 56.48′ N, 119° 44.852′ W. Marker is in Gardnerville, Nevada, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of Eddy Street and Mission Street, on the right when traveling east on Eddy Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1235 Eddy Street, Gardnerville NV 89410, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Arendt Jensen Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Airtanker 130 Is Headed West Jensen Mansion (within shouting distance of this marker); Gardnerville Branch Jail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Arendt Jensen Merchandise (about 300 feet away); Adaven Building (about 400 feet away); J & T Basque Restaurant Building (about 400 feet away); The French Hotel and Bar (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gardnerville.
More about this marker. In the upper left corner of the marker is the seal of the Town of Gardnerville, while in the lower right corner is the seal of the US Forest Service, which provided a grant for this marker.
Also see . . . Discover Gardnerville. A walking/driving tour of historical Gardnerville - giving directions, locations and thumbnail histories of the buildings. (Submitted on August 17, 2009.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 952 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 16, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 2. submitted on August 17, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.