Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Registered Michigan Historic Site
Erected by Michigan Historical Commission Registered Site. (Marker Number 71.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 19.793′ N, 83° 2.922′ W. Marker is in Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the south-west corner of the intersection of West Fort Street and Shelby Street in downtown Detroit. It is affixed to the outside corner wall of the commercial building that is situated there. Marker is in this post office area: Detroit MI 48226, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Comerica Incorporated (within shouting distance of this marker); State Savings Bank (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ford Building (about 500 feet away); James A. Bailey (about 600 feet away); Chicago Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Iron Brigade / The Twenty-Fourth Michigan Volunteer Infantry Regiment (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stearns Telephone (approx. 0.2 miles away); Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . .
1. Fort Lernoult. (Submitted on August 22, 2009.)
2. Wikipedia entry for Fort Shelby (Michigan). This link is from Wikipedia, (Submitted on August 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
3. 1812-8-7-Bombardment-Of-Fort-Detroit-August-16-1812-Peter-Rindlisbacher. This is a link to a gallery of prints provided by Canadian Art Cards. (Submitted on July 1, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 • War, US Revolutionary • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 17, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,447 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 17, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.