Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
War of 1812 Dead
Registered Michigan Historic Site
Erected 1963 by Michigan Historical Commission, Society of the War of 1812 in the State of Michigan, and Michigan Society United States Daughters of 1812. (Marker Number 242.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission, and the United States Daughters of 1812 marker series.
Location. 42° 19.892′ N, 83° 3.076′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Michigan Avenue (U.S. 12) on Washington Boulevard. Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Michigan Avenue, in downtown Detroit. Marker is at or near this postal address: 305 Michigan Avenue, Detroit MI 48226, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. General Casimir Pulaski (a few steps from this marker); Chicago Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Michigan's First Capitol/Capitol Union School (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Capitol Building in Michigan (about 700 feet away); Finney Barn (about 700 feet away); Detroit's Underground Railway Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Comerica Incorporated (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Lernoult (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Military • Native Americans • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 17, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,657 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 17, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.