Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fort Peach Tree
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-61.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 49.682′ N, 84° 27.238′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on the Atlanta Waterworks pumping station access road 0.3 miles west of Ridgewood Road NW, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. At the replica of Fort Peachtree, located at the City of Atlanta Waterworks pumping station, off Ridgewood Road. The site is currently closed to the public.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Montgomery's Ferry (here, next to this marker); Standing Peach Tree (here, next to this marker); Fort Peachtree, War of 1812 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Montgomery-DeFoor House Site (approx. half a mile away but has been reported missing); Johnston’s Army Crossed the River (approx. 0.6 miles away); Montgomery Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Battle at Moore’s Mill (approx. 0.7 miles away); Moore's Mill (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Also see . . . Fort Peachtree, replica of part of the first non-Indian settlement in Atlanta. (Submitted on September 2, 2009.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2009, by Clayton Chambers of Senoia, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,328 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on January 5, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.