Ellerslie in Harris County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Wire Road
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 072-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 37.886′ N, 84° 48.107′ W. Marker is in Ellerslie, Georgia, in Harris County. Marker is at the intersection of Warm Springs Road (Alternate U.S. 27) and Talbotton Road (Georgia Route 315), on the right when traveling north on Warm Springs Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ellerslie GA 31807, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Richard Christmas Kingsboro & Cataula (approx. 4.2 miles away); Lucy Laney Elementary School (approx. 4.7 miles away); Waverly Hall (was approx. 5.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ); “Blind Tom” (approx. 6.1 miles away); Fortson House (approx. 8 miles away); Hamilton Female College (approx. 9.4 miles away); Columbus Baptist Association (approx. 9.8 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Communications • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,099 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 5. submitted on January 2, 2011, by Michael Dover of Ellerslie, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.