Munich, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
The Expansion of the Church of Our Lady Lane
Translated, the marker reads:
Through the generous donations of His Royal Highness, Luitpold, the Prince Regent of Bavaria, the Ecclesiastical Chapter of the Church of Our Lady, and the selfless citizens of Munich, in 1888 it was made possible to expand the narrow Our Lady Lane into this street and to make room for the the local church precinct.
Location. 48° 8.282′ N, 11° 34.37′ E. Marker is in Munich, Bavaria. Marker is on Liebfrauenstrasse north of Kaufingerstrasse, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Munich, Bavaria 80331, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cathedral Church of Our Lady (within shouting distance of this marker); The Church of Saint Michael (about 210 meters away, measured in a direct line); Maximilian Joseph - Earl of Montgelas (about 210 meters away); The Wilhelminische or Old Academy Building Georg Lankensperger (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Gottfried Keller (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Miesbach to Munich Power Transmission (approx. 0.7 kilometers away); "Lueg ins Land" Watchtower (approx. 0.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Munich.
Regarding The Expansion of the Church of Our Lady Lane. Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria (mentioned on the marker)was the ruler of Bavaria from 1886 to 1912. His regency was marked by a period of prosperity and cultural advancement in Bavaria.
Also see . . .
1. Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria. Wikipedia.org's biography of... (Submitted on September 21, 2009.)
2. Munich Frauenkirche. Wikipedia.org's article on the Frauenkirche in Munich. (Submitted on September 21, 2009.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 21, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,136 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 21, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.