Scotts Valley in Santa Cruz County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1950 by California Centennials Commission; Santa Cruz Parlor No. 26, Native Daughters of the Golden West; Santa Cruz Parlor No. 90, Native Sons of the Golden West; and descendants Martin Family. (Marker Number 449.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 6.461′ N, 121° 59.22′ W. Marker is in Scotts Valley, California, in Santa Cruz County. Marker is on Glenwood Drive north of Glenwood Cutoff Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Plaque is located beneath olive tree on right side of road when driving westbound on Glenwood Drive. Caution, narrow two-way road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4171 Glenwood Dr., Scotts Valley CA 95066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charles Martin Winery (within shouting distance of this marker); Mountain Charlie Big Tree (approx. 0.6 miles away); Mountain Charlie Bear Fight (approx. 1.3 miles away); Mountain Charlies Cabin (approx. 2.1 miles away); Mountain Charlie Road (approx. 2˝ miles away); Patchen (approx. 2.9 miles away); Burrell School (approx. 3.2 miles away); Scott House (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Scotts Valley.
More about this marker. “Horn” refers to Cape Horn, the southernmost point of South America. “Isthmus” refers to the Isthmus of Panama, another popular route west for California settlers.
Regarding Glenwood. In 1916 the population was 100. Nothing of the town of Glenwood remains.
Additional keywords. Santa Cruz Mountains.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2007, by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 1,261 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 7, 2007, by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.