Near Radford in Pulaski County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1929 by Conservation and Development Commission. (Marker Number K-29.)
Location. 37° 8.769′ N, 80° 36.046′ W. Marker is near Radford, Virginia, in Pulaski County. Marker is on Lee Hwy (U.S. 11), in the median. Touch for map. Located at a crossover. Marker is at or near this postal address: 741 Warden Court, Radford VA 24141, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Page’s Meeting House (approx. 0.4 miles away); New River Bridge (approx. 1.4 miles away); The New River (approx. 1.4 miles away); Montgomery County / Pulaski County (approx. 1.4 miles away); Starnes (approx. 1.8 miles away); Wildwood Pool (approx. 2.1 miles away); Connelly's Run (approx. 2.1 miles away); Radford (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Radford.
Regarding First Settlement. Marker should read “... Thomas Walker founded a settlement ...”. This marker
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 31, 2009, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 829 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 31, 2009, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. 4. submitted on April 4, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.