Sharon in Taliaferro County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
South Liberty Presbyterian Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 131-12.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 33.305′ N, 82° 47.687′ W. Marker is in Sharon, Georgia, in Taliaferro County. Marker is on Barnett Road SE (Georgia Route 269) 0.1 miles south of Davidson Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sharon GA 30664, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Church of the Purification Locust Grove Academy Grave of Brig. Gen. Aaron W. Grier (approx. 1.9 miles away); Robert Grier, Astronomer (approx. 2 miles away); Ray’s Place – Now Raytown (approx. 2.6 miles away); Raytown Methodist Church (approx. 3.2 miles away); Site of Chivers Plantation and Store (approx. 4.4 miles away); Birthplace of Alexander Hamilton Stephens (approx. 4½ miles away); Crawfordville Baptist Church (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sharon.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 27, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 686 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 27, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.