Oakwood in Hall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 069-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 13.385′ N, 83° 51.344′ W. Marker is in Oakwood, Georgia, in Hall County. Marker is on Poplar Springs Road (Georgia Route 332) ¼ mile east of Atlanta Highway (Georgia Route 13), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is in front of the Redwine United Methodist Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3285 Poplar Springs Road, Oakwood GA 30566, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Jackson at Young's Tavern (approx. 3 miles away); Gen. Andrew Jackson (approx. 3.1 miles away); Old Federal Road (approx. 3.7 miles away); Two Georgia Governors (approx. 4.7 miles away); The Flowery Branch Depot (approx. 4.8 miles away); James Longstreet (approx. 5 miles away); The Historic Piedmont Hotel (approx. 5 miles away); Jesse Jewell (approx. 5.3 miles away).
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,067 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 29, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.