Clinton in Jones County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Clinton Female Seminary
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 084-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 59.833′ N, 83° 33.55′ W. Marker is in Clinton, Georgia, in Jones County. Marker is on Pulaski Street 0.1 miles west of Washington Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is in a small roadside park in Clinton. Marker is in this post office area: Gray GA 31032, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Samuel Griswold (here, next to this marker); Shermanís Right Wing The Stoneman Raid (here, next to this marker); Old Clinton (here, next to this marker); Macarthy-Pope House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); LaFayette (about 700 feet away); Clinton Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gen. Iversonís Birthplace (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 892 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.