Forsyth in Monroe County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 102-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 2.09′ N, 83° 56.354′ W. Marker is in Forsyth, Georgia, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of West Johnson Street and North Jackson Street, on the left when traveling west on West Johnson Street. Touch for map. The marker is at the northwest corner of the courthouse square. Marker is in this post office area: Forsyth GA 31029, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Monroe County (within shouting distance of this marker); Where Uncle Remus Came of Age Confederate Dead and Hospitals (approx. 0.3 miles away); Bessie Tift College (approx. 0.3 miles away); Georgia Militia at Forsyth (approx. 0.4 miles away); Confederate Hospital Camp (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tift College (approx. 0.6 miles away); State Teachers and Agricultural College/Hubbard Training School (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Forsyth.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 28, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 872 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 28, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3. submitted on January 10, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4. submitted on December 28, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.