Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Jacob Welsh House - c.1840
This house, built by 1840, was the home of Jacob Welsh. Welsh is on record as having been a toll collector from 1836-1837.
Being a favorite of Mrs. Frances Montgomery, one of the founders of the restoration project, this was the first building to be restored (1968).
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
Location. 40° 16.768′ N, 81° 52.564′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is on Whitewoman Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is about 100 feet north of the intersection of Whitewoman Street and Hill Street. Marker is in this post office area: Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Warehouse (a few steps from this marker); Daniel Carroll House - c.1850 (within shouting distance of this marker); George LeRetilley House - 1853 (within shouting distance of this marker); Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987 (within shouting distance of this marker); William Roscoe Building - 1840 (within shouting distance of this marker); James LeRetilley Building - 1847 Village Smithy - c.1890 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dr. Maro Johnson's Office - 1842 (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roscoe.
Also see . . . Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Additional keywords. Ohio and Erie Canal
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 30, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 755 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.