Near Surry in Surry County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number K-227.)
Location. 37° 7.797′ N, 76° 48.392′ W. Marker is near Surry, Virginia, in Surry County. Marker is on Colonial Trail East (Virginia Route 10) north of Alliance Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Surry VA 23883, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chippokes Plantation (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); History on Crouch’s Creek (about 300 feet away); Capt. Jacob Faulcon, C.S.A. (approx. 1.6 miles away); Surry County Confederate Monument (approx. 1.6 miles away); Surry County War Memorial (approx. 1.7 miles away); Chanco (approx. 1.7 miles away); Smith’s Fort Plantation (approx. 1.7 miles away); Organization of the Christian Church (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Surry.
1. Historical American Building Survey Description
Pleasant Point, S bank of James River on Timber Neck Creek, N side of State Rte. 637, .5 mi. SE of intersection with State Rte. 31. Brick with frame fronts, rectangular (three-bay front), one-and-a-half stories, gable roof with dormers, two interior end chimneys; glazed brick header pattern parallel to raking on gable ends; center-hall plan; frame kitchen and smokehouse outbuildings. Built mid 18th C.; restored.
— Submitted September 30, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 23, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,260 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 23, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. 2, 3. submitted on September 30, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.