Morgan in Calhoun County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Calhoun County Officers were: Sheriff Wm. H. Pierce, Clerk Joseph W. Roberts, Ordinary Wm. S. Harris, Tax Receiver H.W. Wilkins, Tax Collector Kinion Strickland, Surveyor Charles Stewart and Coroner Amos Forehand.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 019-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 32.243′ N, 84° 35.979′ W. Marker is in Morgan, Georgia, in Calhoun County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (Georgia Route 45) and South Bermuda Street (County Route 153), on the right when traveling west on East Main Street. Touch for map. The marker stands on the south side of the Calhoun Courthouse square. Marker is in this post office area: Morgan GA 39866, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are Hernando DeSoto in Georgia (approx. 10.1 miles away); Battle of Chickasawachee Swamp (approx. 12.4 miles away); General Andrew Jackson (approx. 14˝ miles away); Old Herod Town (approx. 14.6 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 31, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 896 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 31, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.