Cameron in Calhoun County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Mt. Lebanon Cemetery
This is the original site of Mt. Lebanon Lutheran Church, organized January 13, 1844, as an extension of the St. Matthew's Church, Creston. Later, Mt. Lebanon Church moved to Cameron about 2 miles NW, dedicated its new building in 1917, and was renamed the Lutheran Church of the Resurrection. The congregation maintains the old cemetery here.
Erected 1983 by The Calhoun County Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the South Carolina, Calhoun County Historical Commission/Society marker series.
Location. 33° 32.241′ N, 80° 42.119′ W. Marker is in Cameron, South Carolina, in Calhoun County. Marker is on Mt. Lebanon Road half a mile west of Old State Road (U.S. 176), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cameron SC 29030, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jericho Methodist Church (approx. one mile away); Shady Grove Church (approx. 3.9 miles away); John Adam Treutlen (approx. 5.1 miles away); White House Church (approx. 5½ miles away); St. Matthew's Lutheran Church Santee~Cemetery (approx. 5.9 miles away); Miller Cemetery (approx. 6.8 miles away); Honoring a Pioneer Woman (approx. 6.8 miles away); First Land Granted in Calhoun County Area (approx. 6.8 miles away); Shiloh A.M.E. Church (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cameron.
Regarding Mt. Lebanon Cemetery. Lutheran Church of the Resurrection is located at 8160 Old State Road, Cameron, S.C. 29030.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 7, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 933 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 7, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.