Frederick in Frederick County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Has been placed on the
Of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Location. 39° 24.928′ N, 77° 24.796′ W. Marker is in Frederick, Maryland, in Frederick County. Marker is at the intersection of West Church Street and Record Street, on the right when traveling east on West Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 112 West Church Street, Frederick MD 21701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Thomas Johnson (was within shouting distance of this marker but has been reported missing. ); Birthplace of William Tyler Page (within shouting distance of this marker); The Dred Scott Decision (was within shouting distance of this marker but has been reported missing. ); No to the Stamp! (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); City Hall (about 300 feet away); Frederickís Poet Lawyer (about 300 feet away); “South Magnetic” (about 300 feet away); Unanimous Resolution (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Frederick.
Regarding Tylerís-Spite House. The Tylerís Spite House is currently operated as a bed and breakfast.
Also see . . . Haunted Maryland - The Tyler-Spite House. Every old city needs a few ghost stories, and Frederick has the Tyler Spite House. According the the article, the nickname "Spite House" is derived when the owner refused to grant the right of way for a new street. Indeed Record Street comes to an end in front of the house. (Submitted on September 25, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
1. Tyler-Spite House
1.The Tyler-Spite House at 112 West Church Street,
Frederick, Maryland was built by
Dr. John Tyler 1763-1844
2.The birthplace of William Tyler Page was the
residence of his grandfather, Dr. William Tyler, Sr.
who built the duplex-type house at 111-113 Record
3.Dr. John Tyler (1763-1844)and
Dr. William Tyler, Sr. (1784-1872)were brothers.
[source: Frederick Co. Maryland Court House
— Submitted February 23, 2008.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,258 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 25, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.