Strokestown in County Roscommon, Connacht, Ireland — Irish West
early 18th century
Erected 2000 by Strokestown Community Development Association.
Location. 53° 46.611′ N, 8° 6.128′ W. Marker is in Strokestown, Connacht, in County Roscommon. Marker is on Bawn Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is about 50 meters WSW of the entrance to Strokestown Park House and The Famine Museum.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 14 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mahon Dower House (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Dudley Forde House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sharkey Sisters (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Percy French (approx. 10.8 kilometers away); Lanesborough / Béal Átha Liag History 500 - 1900 AD (approx. 13.7 kilometers away in Leinster); fáilte go Lanesborough (approx. 13.8 kilometers away in Leinster).
Also see . . . Strokestown Park House. (Submitted on February 15, 2010.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 15, 2010. This page has been viewed 975 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 15, 2010.