Ashville in Saint Clair County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Assassination Site of Sgt. E. Frank Harrison
Erected by Sgt. E. Frank Harrison Camp No. 1527 Sons of Confederate Veterans.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of Confederate Veterans/United Confederate Veterans marker series.
Location. 33° 50.034′ N, 86° 15.318′ W. Marker is in Ashville, Alabama, in Saint Clair County. Marker is on 5th Street (U.S. 231) south of 9th Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker located in front of the Historic
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Dean / Inzer House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); A County Older Than The State, St. Clair County (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Looney House (approx. 3.7 miles away); Original Site of Pleasant Hill Methodist Church (approx. 7.3 miles away); Battle of “Ten Islands” (approx. 11˝ miles away); Fort Strother (approx. 11.6 miles away); Harkey’s Chapel United Methodist Church Founded Circa 1829-1830 (approx. 11.7 miles away); Champion Mines (approx. 13.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ashville.
Additional keywords. Reconstruction
Categories. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 3, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,907 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 3, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.