Near Bartlett in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Stockton Family Cemetery
This cemetery was established in April 1890 upon the death of the Stocktons' fifteen-year-old son, Simion Carothers Stockton. Years later, on December 15, 1908, Douglas and Mary Elizabeth Stockton legally designated this property as a family cemetery.
The cemetery, which contains over eighty graves and is still in use by the Stocktons' descendants, documents over one hundred years of family history. Those interred here include Douglas and Mary Elizabeth Stockton and twelve of their fourteen children; Ead White, a former slave who remained with the family after the Civil War; numerous children and infants; and three family members who drowned in a hurricane in Corpus Christi in 1919.
Location. 30° 49.388′ N, 97° 28.693′ W. Marker is near Bartlett, Texas, in Bell County. Marker is on Stockton Rd, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bartlett TX 76511, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First United Methodist Church of Bartlett (approx. 3.1 miles away); Site of Bartlett Colored School (approx. 3.2 miles away); Mount Arie (Mount Ararat) Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 3.3 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Bartlett (approx. 3.3 miles away); Bartlett Grammar School (approx. 3.3 miles away); First Baptist Church of Bartlett (approx. 3.4 miles away); Woman's Wednesday Club (approx. 3½ miles away); City of Bartlett (approx. 3½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bartlett.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
More. Search the internet for Stockton Family Cemetery.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 9, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,176 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 9, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.