Decatur in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
July 22, 1864
Erected by Agnes Lee Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 33° 46.667′ N, 84° 17.5′ W. Marker is in Decatur, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker is on Commerce Drive (Route 155) 0.1 miles east of North Candler Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. The marker is mounted on the right gatepost of the Historic Decatur Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Decatur GA 30030, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Historic Decatur Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Decatur (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wheeler’s Cav. at Decatur (approx. 0.3 miles away); DeKalb County (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Stoneman Raid (approx. 0.3 miles away); Steatite Boulder Garrard’s Cavalry Raid (approx. 0.3 miles away); Houston Mill Millstone (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Decatur.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 27, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 856 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 27, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.