Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Findlay in Hancock County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

First School Building

 
 
First School Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., March 13, 2010
1. First School Building Marker
Inscription.

Site of
First School Building
in Findlay 1827
[Dedicated June 1937]

 
Erected 1937 by Findlay Education Association.
 
Location. 41° 2.322′ N, 83° 38.815′ W. Marker is in Findlay, Ohio, in Hancock County. Marker is on East Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is about 100 feet south of Main Cross Street, on the east edge of the LaRiche Chevrolet Cadillac auto dealership. Marker is in this post office area: Findlay OH 45840, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Underground Railroad in Hancock County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Outstanding New Building, 1978 - 1979 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hancock County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Outstanding Renovated Building, 1980 - 1986 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hancock County Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Congressional Medal of Honor Recipients (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Fort Findlay (approx. mile away); The Glass Industry of Findlay, Ohio (approx. mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Findlay.
 
Also see . . .  Findlay City Schools. (Submitted on March 27, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
First School Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., March 13, 2010
2. First School Building Marker

 
Categories. EducationLabor UnionsNotable Places
 
First School Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., March 13, 2010
3. First School Building Marker
Looking west.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 27, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 957 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 27, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement