Harpers Ferry in Jefferson County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters
was used as headquarters
by Confederate General
T.J. "Stonewall" Jackson
while stationed in the area
during the Civil War
Location. 39° 19.552′ N, 77° 44.869′ W. Marker is in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Washington Street (Business U.S. 340). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1167 Washington Street, Harpers Ferry WV 25425, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bolivar Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Simon Bolivar (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. John's Lutheran Church (approx. ¼ mile away); In Honor of Private Luke Quinn (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pre Civil War Spring House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Foundations of Freedom (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Black Americans (approx. 0.4 miles away); Heads versus Hands (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harpers Ferry.
Also see . . . Jackson Rose Bed and Breakfast website. Jackson used the house as headquarters in the spring of 1861. (Submitted on October 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,314 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.