Douglasville in Douglas County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 048-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 45.018′ N, 84° 45.036′ W. Marker is in Douglasville, Georgia, in Douglas County. Marker is on West Broad Street (U.S. 78) 0 miles west of Bowden Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of The Old Douglas County Courthouse Museum, formerly the Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6754 West Broad Street, Douglasville GA 30134, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles Vansant Brothers (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Clarkdale Historic District (approx. 7.9 miles away); Coats & Clark Thread Mill (approx. 7.9 miles away); Clarkdale Mill Village Historic District (approx. 8 miles away); Site of the Campbell County Court House (approx. 8.1 miles away); Sweet Water Town Site (approx. 8.3 miles away); Hardee's Corps at Powder Springs (approx. 8½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Douglasville.
Categories. • Government • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,021 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.