Near Bardstown in Nelson County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
The First Cedar Creek Baptist Church
Land for first log church deeded by William and Nelly Abell, located on Beech Fork River at the mouth of Cedar Creek.
Hosted the Salem Association in 1786.
1827 second log church built opposite present church under direction of trustees William Abell, James Rogers and Daniel Brown.
Present church built 1854 by Matthew Jupin and James M. Brown, using brick made on second church lot across the road. Supervised by John Troutman, B. Summers and building committee: Samuel Ross, Peter Abell, Reason Barnes, Robert Wortham and Gideon Barnes.
This plaque to honor the 200th anniversary of this pioneer church. Dedicated October 11, 1981.
Location. 37° 47.903′ N, 85° 32.687′ W. Marker is near Bardstown, Kentucky, in Nelson County. Marker is on Bellwood Road (State Road 733) ¾ mile south of Boston Road (U.S. 62), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cedar Creek Baptist (approx. ¾ mile away); Rogers Station, 1780 (approx. one mile away); Saint Thomas Farm (approx. 3.3 miles away); Skirmish at Rolling Fork (approx. 3.4 miles away); Rowan-Chambers Duel (approx. 3.6 miles away); The Talbott Tavern (approx. 4.3 miles away); Successful Surgery (approx. 4.3 miles away); Parc Billom (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bardstown.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . . First Cedar Creek Baptist Church. (Submitted on May 20, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • Notable Events • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 20, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,006 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 20, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.