Stonington in New London County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
John W. Richmond
When Rhode Island by her legislation frm 1844 to 1850, Repudiated her Revolutionary Debt. Dr. Richmond removed from that State to this Borough and selected this as his Family Burial Place unwilling that the remains of himself and family should be disgraced by being a part of the common earth of a Repudiating State. Stonington June 1850.
Henrietta Richmond wife of Dr. John W. Richmond Born Nov. 29, 1782 Died July 17, 1849. Dr. John W. Richmond Born Sept. 25, 1772 Died March 4, 1857. A Trust Fund is given the Town of Stonington to have this Ground, Walls & c. in good repair forever. See Town Records 1850 and 1851.
- John H. Richmond Born March 8, 1816 Died Aug. 8, 1868.
Location. 41° 20.566′ N, 71° 54.291′ W. Marker is in Stonington, Connecticut, in New London County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and Palmer Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. This marker/cemetery is located at the junction of Palmer Street with North Main Street, and is in the southwest corner of junction. Marker is in this post office area: Stonington CT 06378, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker Captain Nathaniel B. Palmer House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stonington Land Battery (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Railroad Operated in Connecticut (approx. half a mile away); Thomas Howe House (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Defenders Of The Fort (approx. 0.8 miles away); Battle of Stonington Monument (approx. 1.1 miles away); Stonington (approx. 1½ miles away); Stonington Founders Monument (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stonington.
More about this marker. This is the only burial in this cemetery
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 21, 2010, by Dwight C. Brown Jr. of Bradford, Rhode Island. This page has been viewed 970 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 21, 2010, by Dwight C. Brown Jr. of Bradford, Rhode Island. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.