Woodville in Sandusky County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The turnpike was completed in 1827 and the mile markers were installed in 1842.
Informational Brochures are Available.
Erected 1989 by The Woodville Historical Society.
Location. 41° 27.024′ N, 83° 21.774′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Ohio, in Sandusky County. Marker is on East Main Street (U.S. 20) east of North Walnut Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. This historical marker is located in the very heart of downtown Woodville, in the business district, in front of a pharmacy, on the north side of the roadway. It has a historic mile marker situated right beside it. Marker is at or near this postal address: 126 East Main Street, Woodville OH 43469, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Woodville “The Lime Center of the World” / Maumee and Western Reserve Turnpike (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Trail Tree (approx. ¼ mile away); Pemberville Town Hall and Opera House William Henry Harrison's Encampment (approx. 5.9 miles away); In Memory of Captain Elihu H. Mason (approx. 7.7 miles away); The Johlin Cabin (approx. 13.8 miles away); Magee Marsh Wildlife Area (approx. 14.7 miles away); Peter Navarre (approx. 14.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodville.
More about this marker. Just a few blocks to the west of this historical marker, and on the other side of the street (in front of the police station) is a State of Ohio historical marker that features the village of Woodville on one side of it and more detailed information regarding the Maumee Western Reserve Turnpike on the other side of the marker.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 8, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 564 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 8, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.