Near Port Clinton in Ottawa County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
41° N. Latitude
of the Connecticut Western Reserve.
Conveyed to the United States, September 11, 1786
Erected 1967 by The Early Settlers Association of the Western Reserve, Cleveland, Ohio.
Location. 41° 34.437′ N, 82° 51.41′ W. Marker is near Port Clinton, Ohio, in Ottawa County. Marker is on East Moores Dock Road 0.1 miles west of North Cliff Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. This historical marker is located northeast of Port Clinton, on the west side of the Catawba Island peninsula, in the Catawba Island State Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4032 East Moores Dock Road, Port Clinton OH 43452, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. South Bass Island Light (approx. 3.9 miles away); American Expedition 1813 (approx. 5.8 miles away); War of 1812 (approx. 5.8 miles away); Oelschlager's Dry Goods Store (approx. 5.8 miles away); Within This Enclosure (approx. 5.8 miles Joseph De Rivera St. Jurgo, 1813-1889 (approx. 5.9 miles away); Indian Mill Stone (approx. 6 miles away); Gibraltar Island (approx. 6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Clinton.
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,037 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 2, 3. submitted on June 10, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.