Greenville in Greenville County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Buncombe Road
was completed in 1820
during the administration of
Joel R. Poinsett, president
of the Board of Public Works.
Paved July 1926.
Erected 1936 by Nathanael Greene Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 34° 51.183′ N, 82° 24.017′ W. Marker is in Greenville, South Carolina, in Greenville County. Marker is at the intersection of Buncombe Street and Richardson Street on Buncombe Street. Touch for map. Marker is across the street from the south side of Buncombe Street United Methodist Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Buncombe Street, Greenville SC 29601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McKay Memorial Chapel (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Max Heller Legacy Plaza (about 800 feet away); Textile Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sterling High School Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Greenville Woman's College (approx. St Mary's Catholic Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stradley and Barr Dry Goods Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); Downtown Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Categories. • Notable Persons • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 3, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 816 times since then and 45 times this year. Last updated on July 3, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 3, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.