Fairburn in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Campbell County
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-24A.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 34.025′ N, 84° 34.789′ W. Marker is in Fairburn, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on NE Broad Street 0 miles south of Pearl Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the old Campbell County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Fairburn GA 30213, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this Shadnor Baptist Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Site: Old Red Oak P.O. 1864 (approx. 4½ miles away); Palmer Family Cemetery (approx. 5.3 miles away); Ramah Baptist Church (approx. 5½ miles away); Hopeful Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 6.1 miles away); Confederate Army of Tennessee (approx. 6.2 miles away); Confederate Monument (approx. 6.2 miles away); Palmetto (approx. 6.2 miles away).
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. An historic marker at Col. Duncan G. Campbell's home, and the birthplace of his son, U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Archibald Campbell, located in Washington, Georgia.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Native Americans • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 974 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.