Franklin in Heard County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Franklin Methodist Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Society. (Marker Number 059-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 16.809′ N, 85° 5.744′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Georgia, in Heard County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Newnan Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin GA 30217, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin Baptist Church (about 600 feet away, measured Heard County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Heard County Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benjamin Hawkins (approx. 0.7 miles away); William Hogan Plantation (approx. 13.3 miles away); Council Bluffs Treaty (approx. 14 miles away); McIntosh Reserve (approx. 14 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker should be numbered 074-2 for Heard County (the 74th county). 059-2 would be in Franklin County, the 59th. Someone confused Franklin County in north Georgia with the City of Franklin in Heard County.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 470 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.